Thursday, November 27, 2008

Working in Starbucks Time Square 1

Dear blog,

My day today was awkwardly blissfully wonderful today. My morning was a bit bad because I got food poisoning from last night supper outside with my sister, her fiancĂ© and his cousin. I showered around noon, went to Maybank around 3pm to cancel my ASB loan, and hang around at my store Starbucks Pavilion until 6pm (the rest of what I’m doing there no need to be so detail) while waiting to go work in Starbucks Time Square 1 at 7pm. It rained on my way going to Time Square but I managed to reached there 30 minutes earlier so I can dry myself up. They loan me, Hafizsan and one of our partner from pavilion that I haven’t met yet named Hanif for 4 hours due to having the store’s partner meeting with their district manager Ferry.

So, I’m the first one to arrive. At first the partners here thought I was a customer, and they weren’t very friendly, so I became quiet while working and opening my fund. Then, came in Hafizsan, later after that Hanif walks in. The three of us were left on the floor while the Time Squares’ partners went for their meeting. It was quite busy but the three of us manage to handle the floor smoothly. No pending at all, and at the same time we really have fun. Most of the time, these two boys have fun teasing me. As time goes by, me and Hanif gets to know each other. This boy is the most daring and mischief boy that I have ever met. He knows from where or from whom that I like to bite people, and really was asking for it. He keeps bragging about it for 2 hours plus, teasing… He really plays with me until I can’t even concentrate with the customers, sometimes teasing on how I talked to them. He is so mischief, like a little kid. When I give him that signature look that I always did with my partners in Kuching and with Khairul (my ex-store manager in Kuching Starbucks, The Spring), you want to know what he did? He looked back with the mischief look on his face like he really does want it. I felt my heart beats really fast and my blood rushing through my blood vessel like a train. There is something about him that I x know how to explain what I felt… perhaps blushing because I keep end up giggling and felt my face turn red, perhaps excited, challenged… perhaps. The worst part, I felt a bit naughty with him. He is totally different from Addie; in a way of being mischief. With Addie, it’s like fooling around, like sibling or close friend bickering with each other with no reason at all but at the same time no hard feelings, but with Hanif, there’s a sudden unsure sparks.

It’s been more than 2 hours; one of the Starbucks Time Squares’ partners, James the name who is a sweet hopeless romantic Malaysian Portuguese came in and helps the busy floor, so both I and James taking order at the same time being the food partner, while Hanif and Hafizsan making the drinks and expedite. After a while, I went to the expediter there, and initiate conversation of course, Hanif was beside me, and imitate what I had just said to the customer, and give his mischief smile. I turned and without any thought at all, I bite him on his left shoulder when I push him inside a bit at the verismo where the customers can’t see us. He was too shocked that he gulped when he wanted to scream in pain…wahahahahaha… He said it was so painful to Hafizsan and James and Hafizsan laugh and told him so because he keeps giving Hanif a warning that I might keluarkan my taring. Now, he became the second person in Starbucks Pavilion that caught my bite. It wasn’t that bad, just red with my teeth mark, unlike Addie’s. I bit Addie until his skin nearly tore; it was blue and bleeds a bit. His hand felt numb and still teasing everytime when he is near to me. He keeps looking at me and sometimes waiting for me to look back at him.

When the meeting was over and the rightful partners had finished their breaks, it was 20 minutes to 11pm, where the three of us were suppose to finish work. So, the two of them took their 10 minutes breaks, while I was tilling out. The male partners where disappointed because only James got the time to get to know me. I giggled when they said that because it is kind of nice being the center of attention. While I was tilling out, both of them went out for a smoke. When they came back, he acted naughty again. Hafizsan then all the sudden acted as if he kecil hati and said because of Hanif, I threw him out from my heart… I laugh so loud about the rest of what he was saying… he was pretending to be sad. We talked, goofing around while I was counting my money. Then both of them clocked out and didn’t wait for me. On their way out from the backroom, Hanif quickly pulled softly a bit part of my fringe. I startled because I was concentrating counting my money and was unaware the he was about to do that. OMG! All this while the both of us were actually flirting with each other, maybe, I don’t know because the way he touched my hair that then felt weird. He keeps ajak me makan with him and Hafizsan but I keep saying kalau belanja saya, boleh la… OMG! He makes me felt excited. He gives me the rush. But then, this is only the first time we work together. I can’t be sure of it until I work with him again, I don’t know when though…

No comments: