Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mix-up and trapped

Dear Blog,

Last night at work was undefined. I’ve arrived earlier than I should have because I need to go to Starbucks Times Square 1 to get my umbrella which I had left it there last Thursday. When I’ve arrived at my store, I thought of wanting to online for a while but it seems that my sister fiances’ laptop was unable to detect the connection. So, I went in to work earlier than I’m supposed to. There three middle shift partners left while waiting for the closing partners including me to come in and work. There’s Small who finishes at 6pm, Shahril’s at 8pm and Hanif’s at 10pm. So, I went sliding, wash the dishes and by the time the closing partners coming in which are Venu (MOD), Alif, Hafizsan, and Asyraf (a partner that I once met him in Kuching because he was there for RWMF); I was rearranging the pastry case as usual. Hanif told Small, Venu and Shahril that I bit him lastnight at Starbucks Times Square. Big deal! I bit Addie more than 10 times already. Venu was shocked of course because she didn’t know that I bite people. I told her that he was really asking for it. It took a while for me to rearrange the food, then Hanif came and stand beside me, asking why I’m so quite today. I just smile. Then, he laid his forehead on top of the pastry case, and I ask what’s wrong? He said softly that he was tired. Then he left because Small was calling him. I know he keep wanting to have conversation with me, even looked at me “without me realizing that he was looking”.

You might think that I’m exaggerating or something but it’s true. Then, Venu was trying to be the cupid in this scenario by match making the two of us. I noticed that both of them were whispering something when she kept pointing out that he likes me, terima jer la, hanif comel la. Then, I said, “I tak nak la. Kalau nak pilih baik saya ambil Shahril (was kidding) sebab Shahril manja, Shahril baik”… Then, Venu was backing Hanif up saying that Hanif sebenarnya manja. I replied, “Takde la, mana manja. Nakal teramat. Kalau Venu suka, Venu ambil la dia sebab Linda nak Shahril.” Then, Venu was fooling around with him and back to me again. The whole night it was about making the two of us together. Venu does realize that Hanif likes to usik me and she keeps pointing it out, “Hanif, awak suka sangat usik dia ek? Linda ni pun sama. Kenapa la you gigit dia. Marah girlfriend dia nanti.” Then Asyraf, Hafizsan and Hanif himself said, “Takde girlfriend pun. Dah putus lama dah!” When I heard that part, I sarcastically said, “Tahan ke kalau dia nak kat saya?” and I walked out of the backroom and do my work. They wanted to dig into our hearts to know whether I like him or he likes me. It seems that they knew his answer. I don’t know whether they are helping him to find out whether I like him also or wanting to know whether I’m flirting with him, or playing a fool out of me.

It was time for Shahril to clocked out and went back home. I acted sad and pouted my lips like a puppy wanting him to stay. Then, Shahril was playing around with me, saying that he has to go because tomorrow he is working at 10am. Then he want some kisses from me, I giggled and we hugged eachother in front of Hanif. Then, Hanif and Alif said, “ depan cctv korang peluk ek?” I told them we partners in Kuching always hug eachother, it’s normal and because of we really bond with eachother and really feel like a part of a family no matter hug a guy or a girl. Then, all the guys there are like kind of envy of Shahril and said I pamperd him the most, I saying him the most.

It was nearly time to closing the store, customers where no more coming in, Hanif went back already and Hafizsan was tilling out. In the bar was me, Venu, and Asyraf. Both of them acted really secretive and really want me to give them an answer. They keep teasing and pushing their words out saying that I actually really like him, right? Or saying that he is ok, and you are single, go ahead. He likes you it seems if he keeps usik, etc… I can’t even concentrate doing my closing, my face keep blushing, etc.

I was trying to end this conversation but I think my words came out wrongly. I stated my words something like this, “ Korang ni la. Kalau orang tu benar-benar suka, biarla dia sendiri yang beritahu kepada orang tu. Menyekat-nyekat orang ni bahaya tau…” Then, the two of them were confused and said, “Ayat dia ni pelik la… macam memberi harapan je.” I stopped and said it came out wrongly. OMG! I really was trapped right there then. Hafizsan heard our conversation and wanted Asyraf to reconfirmed it with him. He then said, “Takpe, nanti saya beritahu hanif supaya dia boleh cakap yang dia suka kt Linda.” Then, Asyraf told Venu, “Kalau Venu buat diaorang ni betul2 bercouple, saya nak Venu putuskan diaorang la la tu gak! I don’t want to see it. Effect kerja tau. Dulu ada juga couple keja kat sini, terhegeh2 buat keja, slow, etc” I just laugh and said to him, “Don’t worry. It won’t happen to me. Kerja tetap kerja. I know how to handle it.”

End of story… (FRIDAY, 28/11/08)

No comments: